Welcome to St.Clair College @ Acumen
Make sure you participate in your orientation. It is your opportunity to familiarize yourself with your institution’s services and supports.
Some of the things you can do at Orientation!
- Meet your faculty
- Learn about textbook rentals (upon availability) – You can rent a textbook from us for the low price of $30! When you return the book back, you get $20 back!
- Learn about laptop rentals (upon availability) – You can rent a laptop if you need it. You will need to make a deposit of $200.00 and, once you return it in good conditions, you will receive $150.00 back!
- Take a tour
- Meet your classmates
*Due to the current online delivery, students may participate in our “Virtual Orientation”.
★ Virtual Orientation
Welcome! We’re glad you’ve joined us for your virtual orientation.
We are glad to provide you with some tips and prepare you for what you can expect during your online classes.
Meet the President of St. Clair College, Patti France:
Welcome Address from St.Clair College @ Acumen’s Principal John Wu:
Academic and Classroom Policies:
Student Representative Council (SRC):
SRC is an active student government that plans events and develops programs that benefit the student body at large.
There are two online platforms that you will use almost daily in your college career:
SIS (Student Information System) and Google Classroom.
SIS (Student Information System)
SIS Account Guidelines:
Access to SIS:
If you have not received your account activation information, are having trouble logging in, or need to reset your password, please contact the IT Help Desk.
How to join Google Classroom –https://youtu.be/3MLuAIYqpeM
For an more insightful understanding of the Google Classroom, please refer to our workshop:
Google Classroom Workshop – https://youtu.be/QUlhBwwe5IM
Your college email is your main communication tool and checking your email regularly will be vital. You can see how to set up your College Email in the SIS Account Guidelines video.
Other communications tools are Google Meets and Zoom that your instructor will use for online classes.
If you use a laptop, there’s no need to install Google Meets, but for Android and Apple devices, you need to download the app. See how here.
For Zoom, you can download it here.
Important Information for Students to Know
The College requires all staff and students to complete a mandatory online training module. Students can access this training via Blackboard by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Please be sure to follow the instructions as there are specific nuances that you must follow. For example, you must take this training from the webpage, through mySt.Clair, not your Blackboard app. Also, you must complete the training, including the questions at the end. Stopping prior to finishing will result in the training not showing as complete and you will not be able to complete the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
Additionally, there is a video in SIS that all students (new and returning) will need to watch in order to gain access to the health screening tool.
To access the video:
- Click on Self Service
- Click on COVID 19
- Click on Watch Covid Video
- Click on the “Please click to view the Covid Video” button
- Click on ‘Yes’ – I acknowledge that I will view the St. Clair College Covid Video
- After watching the video, close the tab and return to the Student System
- Click ‘OK’
The COVID-19 screening questionnaire can be found on the SIS system, which is accessible through mySt.Clair. Instructions on completing the questionnaire are located on our website.
You may be a student studying online, but whatever the style, you are learning and growing in this post-secondary journey. You will have the support of student services staff every step of the way: https://youtu.be/g4Vi_odcTQY
- Accessibility Services
The college will provide support and services to all students with disabilities, both temporary and permanent, with valid supporting documentation. For more information, please visit our Accessibility Services page.
Tutoring Services provide FREE tutoring for students wishing to improve their academic performance. Individualized tutoring services are provided during the academic year.
- Campus Care(Health Insurance)
CampusCare provides comprehensive health insurance to international students studying in Ace Acumen Academy. More info regarding campus care can be found in the link below :
What else to expect from Students Services:
- Fun activities
- Expanding great college experiences
- Keeping busy, while staying safe at home
- Experiential Learning
Acumen has some very affordable options for textbooks if you are here in Canada. You can rent a textbook from us for the low price of $30! When you return the book back, you get $20 back!
You can rent a laptop if you need it for your online semester. You will need to make a deposit of $200.00 and you will be able to keep it and use it for the entire semester. Once you return it in good conditions, you will receive $150.00 back.
Student ID Card
If you are in Canada and want your Student ID card, please follow the steps below:
1. Register in this link, following all the steps carefully: https://forms.gle/95UoJPqg9MiK8bYH6
2. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you uploaded your picture and to set up an appointment to pick up your card and wait for approval. There will be no deliveries and cards will only be printed once students arrive at campus.
3. On the day you have an appointment, please show the confirmation for your appointment to the advisor on campus.
Other Resources Available in Virtual Orientation Email:
- Mental Health
- Office 365 Guide
- Student Accommodations
- Study Skills