Keeping Fit Starts Here!
Ace Acumen Academy is committed to the health and wellbeing of students on campus. All three campuses are equipped with fitness facilities.
Make yourself stronger than your excuses
Did you know that being physically active does not have to start with a formal exercise program? There are lots of things you can do to get moving – they will all benefit your health. The key is to simply start moving a little bit more and try to take advantage of all the time that is available during your day. If you are having any trouble getting interested in physical activity, try to imagine the good things about being more active.
Exercising has many benefits that can lead to a happier, healthier you.
These benefits include:
- Improving your mood – Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, more relaxed and less anxious.
- Control your physical weight – When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn.
- Exercising and physical activity can be enjoyable – Physical activity can also help you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting.
- Strengthen muscles and bones- strength training also helps improve muscle mass, muscle power, and muscle endurance
- Improves posture and balance – decreases any risk of injuries and improves flexibility
- Reduces risk of cancer-Regular exercising not only helps reduce the risk of cancer but also has a positive effect on people undergoing cancer treatment
For details on the fitness facilities, athletic events or to get guidance on how to keep a healthy body while balancing college, reach out to:
Adrian Tash, Athletic Coordinator
** Access to the fitness facility is subject to change, in accordance with provincial guidelines. You can find COVID-19 updates here