Computer Systems Technician - Networking
Computer Systems Technicians have the skills to plan, administer, configure and maintain individual and networked computer systems. They are also trained to provide technical support for computer users in a business environment.
This program will appeal to students who are problem solvers with good analytical skills. They must be highly organized with a strong interest in computers.
- St. Clair is an official Cisco Networking Academy and prepares students to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and CompTIA A+ and Security+ certifications (Comp TIA A+ allows for personal computer repair, maintenance and installation)
- Cisco networking lab
- Active student run Information Technology Club
Grads will have good advancement potential. Entry level positions include technical support analyst, IT consultant, and network technologist/administrator in a wide range of sectors including government, corporations and the public sector. Many graduates become self-employed or independent operators offering computer training, technical support and network administration.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus: Grade 12 Math (C) or (U)
If you are a Mature Student, you will be required to write an Admissions Test (Math and/or English) for all programs EXCEPT those that are oversubscribed OR those that can demonstrate the competency of the established required courses.
If you are not a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, you will need a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada and a Letter of Acceptance - issued by the College - in order to apply for the permit.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
British Education System: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 500, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 61, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 173.
Other regions: (English proficiency test required)
* High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
* English proficiency requirement:
* TOEFL iBT 61 with no band lower than 15, or PBT score of 500, or CBT score of 173 / IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0