IMPORTANT: Failure to comply with the College’s mandatory 14-day quarantine plan, or other directions as imposed by appropriate government authorities when entering Canada, is a violation of the Quarantine Act and is a reportable offence to the local government authorities. For more information on the Quarantine Act and your self-isolation obligation upon entry, please see https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/q-1.1/page-1.html and https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en.
Violations will be reported to the Provincial Quarantine Officer, the appropriate local Public Heath Office, IRCC and will also be treated as a violation of the St. Clair College Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Effective immediately, St. Clair College has implemented COVID-19 ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS. Please contact the International Recruitment Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
In accordance with current Government COVID-19 regulations and orders, any international student (new, returning, existing, etc.) enrolled at St. Clair College, who travels outside of Canada at any time after his/her initial arrival to Canada must comply with the following regardless as to when you received your approved study visa.
The student must immediately notify the International Recruitment Office (email@example.com) to confirm his/her intent to travel outside of Canada, as well as to return to Canada. The student must provide appropriate travel information (eg. departure date, return arrival date, airline carrier, flight number etc.) and receive approval to proceed.
Upon receipt of St. Clair College approval to travel, you must adhere to the following:
- Upon return/arrival to Canada, the student must follow the departure, arrival and self-isolation protocols set out in the St. Clair College Standard Operating Procedure for International Student Arrivals. This documentation will be provided to you by the International Recruitment Office as dialogue commences regarding your travel.
- Prior to the student’s return travel to Canada, the student must obtain approval from the International Education Office confirming that:
- The International Education Office has received the completed forms noted above;
- Appropriate arrangements have been made to ensure that self-isolation and/or quarantine requirements are complied with.
- Quarantine requirements and locations have been predetermined by St. Clair College for both St. Clair College students (Windsor, Ontario) and Ace Acumen Academy students (Mississauga, Ontario). Arrangements have been made for students to quarantine at hotels in Windsor and Mississauga that will coincide with your campus of study.
- Arrangements have been made for arriving/returning students to be picked up at Toronto Pearson International Airport and transported to the designated quarantine locations, corresponding to your campus of study.
It is essential that you contact the International Recruitment Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and receive approval to travel and return to Canada. Applicable details and attestation/waiver forms will be provided to you as part of the regulated and approved COVID-19 Travel Protocols.
IMPORTANT: Failure to comply with the self-isolation and/or quarantine provisions of the St. Clair College Standard Operating Procedure for International Student Arrivals will be reported to appropriate immigration and public health authorities. In addition, any violation of the provisions of the Standard Operating Procedure for International Student Arrivals will be treated as a violation of the St. Clair College Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.